- Art does not pertain to the people, it is destiny of the elected.
- All art of painting should be decorative is
- In painting the form is everything, content is nothing.
- The true artwork does not require a petty decoration.
- The greatest missing of painting is as pleasing to the eye
as elevating the soul.
- Any attempt to reduce painting to belles-lettres
is a Monument of good will and nonsense.
- The Plot in painting is to display bad taste.
- It's better to be immoral, rather than to have bad taste.
- An original mission of the true artist is to create
- All paintings are useless and, apparently, are not necessary to